Friday 15 December 2017

Blorenge Rock Thrush

I was just sorting through some images when I came across some I took of the Rock Thrush that frequented a quarry at Blorenge in Gwent. I went with a couple of mates John Hague and Brian Moore - and not forgetting Brian's grand-daughter Rosie! I actually forgot about it, as when I went to see it in October, I had only been back from Shetland a few days. It was a British tick I didn't expect to get as the bird was at the quarry before |I even went to Shetland, so I wasn't expecting it to stay around for so long!
Below are a few images of the said bird.

 Rock Thrush

                                                           



It was a quick trip to Wales, as John and I had got get to get back to Leicester for other commitments so no other birding was done. There were a few birds noted on the mile or so walk to the quarry and back including Raven, Red Kite, Buzzard, Jackdaw and lots of Meadow Pipits and Pied Wagtails.
As always thanks for stopping by. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment